Written Student Learning Plans
Written Student Learning Plans (WSLP) are required for all students attending Emerson K-12. The WSLP provides accountability for student learning at school and at home. This includes weekly contact with certificated teacher and monthly progress reports. These plans will be developed by the teacher with parent input following the guidelines that are set in WAC 392-121-182 (see Addendum A). The WAC requires WSLP meetings each calendar month.
- Descriptions of coursework, materials & curriculum.
- Course goals & objectives tied to state standards.
- Timelines & evaluation methods.
- WSLP aligns with district & state standards and must be completed/approved prior to class attendance.
- Parents must participate in monthly progress reviews with their student's WSLP advisor by completing Monthly Progress Reports.
- These are due by the 25th of each month.
- Parents have a few options to participate in progress reports:
- meet in person
- discuss over the phone
- email WSLP advisor
- Parents need to provide progress details (see sample) for both classes at Emerson K-12 and outside of Emerson K-12.
- Students must regularly attend and participate in class activities and assignments.
Failure to comply with any/all of the above requirements in a timely manner will result in students being withdrawn from Emerson K-12. Once a student is withdrawn for lack of compliance, they may forfeit any ability to return/re-enroll.
- Request for Credit for Equivalency Course of Study FORM: This needs to be filled out for any course(s) a student wants to get credit for outside of Emerson K-12. Credit for the course will be seen on the student's transcript.