High School Credit

There are several ways to earn high school credit for coursework outside of Emerson  K-12 classes:

1) Equivalency study at home:

  • The LWSD Request for Credit for Equivalency Course of Study (Appendix B) form must be completed as part of the student’s learning plan before the student begins the learning experience.
    • All curriculum must be district approved, IMC List
    • Coursework must meet state standards, OSPI Learning Standards & Instructional Materials
    • Log 150 hours to earn 1.0 credit or 75 hours for 0.5 credit.
    • Provide work samples.
    • Receive grade from tutor, coach or other skilled teacher.
    • Receive “P” (passing) for classes administered by parent.
    • Coursework can be added to official transcript for credit.
  • The Equivalency Course of Study must align with district standards and provide a viable assessment.  After completion, credit determination will be made by the principal and WSLP Advisor.

2) Out of District Credit:

  • If you are thinking about taking a class for credit in a non-district school and applying that credit for graduation, check with the school counselor. The counselor must approve the course before enrolling in order for it to be applied towards graduation requirements.
  • Coursework can be added to official transcript as transfer credit.
  • Please visit the district website for the District policy for out of district credit (Appendix C).

3) Homeschool Credit:

  • Parents/students have choice of curriculum.
  • Parents need to create a homeschool transcript.
  • Homeschool credit can be added to official transcript as transfer credit.
  • Receive “P” (passing) for classes.

If interested in earning credit at home, please speak with you student’s written learning plan advisor first.

Please connect with the school counselor with any additional questions you may have.

Helpful Links