The Emerson K-12 Library has a variety of instructional resources to assist in student homework or instruction at home as well as many library books for students to enjoy.
We encourage and support lifelong learning and literacy by maintaining an up-to-date, diverse collection of materials in a variety of formats:
- teaching reading and research information skills which result in self-reliant and critical users of information
- promoting a love of reading
- supporting curriculum with instructional resources.
Check Out Materials
Students and parents/guardians are able to check out items from the Emerson K-12 library with your student’s school identification card. As with any library, you will be responsible for the return of any items, including textbooks, you have checked out. Failure to return materials may result in fines and withholding of diplomas and transcripts.
- Library Materials = 2 week check out
- Textbook Materials = semester or entire school year check out
You can search our library for books online by visiting Destiny.
- Under Choice Schools, select Emerson K-12.
- Click on Catalog tab found at the top of the page.
- Start typing in what you are searching for, press enter and see if it is currently available or already checked out. If we have what you are looking for, stop by to check it out.
- All ages of students may be in the library at the same time. Our older students are expected to respect the needs of our younger students by keeping language and behavior appropriate for their younger peers.
- Food, beverage and chewing gum are not allowed in the library.
- The library is a quiet place for students and parents to work and study. Please respect them but keeping your voice to a whisper when visiting the library.
- Follett-Destiny: Search for books and useful websites. Click on the Home tab for links to websites. Click on the Catalog tab for online access to search our catalog.
- King County Library System: Link to KCLS resources.
- Research and Homework: Search district libraries for information.