Welcome Back (virtually)!
We are excited to see students again and begin the 2020-2021 school year. While we’re opening school differently this year and continuing with a remote instructional model, things will be different than in the spring. It is important to us that students are able to meet with teachers on a schedule similar to our in-person model to ensure as much connection and continuity as possible.
Key information about the schedules:
- Synchronous learning will occur between 9am and 2pm.
- During synchronous instruction (class periods) the teacher will be delivering real time instruction via Microsoft Teams.
- Students will “attend” classes two days per week.
- During student asynchronous learning time (when they’re not live with teachers), students will complete pre-developed or recorded lessons at a time that is convenient.
- Teachers will be available to provide additional support for students during both Intervention and during Asynchronous Support Time.
- We will provide more details about the differences between Intervention and Asynchronous Support by August 28th
This year, we will be doing laptop and material check-out on Tuesday, September 1, from 9-12. Items will be pre-checked out to your child, so you will be able to do a drive-through check-out.
Materials Checkout Timeline, if you have multiple kids, come at the earliest time:
9:00-10:00 K-3rd Graders
10:00-11:00 4-8th Graders
11:00-12:00 9-12th Graders
When you arrive on campus, please stay in your car and drive to the lower Emerson K-12 parking lot. We will direct traffic and have you pull up to the curb to receive your materials. Typically, the largest rush is at the beginning and end of the hour, so if you do not want to wait in line, consider coming at an off time. Please know that there is road construction and detours in getting to Emerson K-12 so allow for extra travel time.
Information on how to log-in to the computer from home will be provided. If you run into issues with your computer, please contact Family Access Tech Support at:
If you do not have internet at home, or you will not be able to make the pick-up time, please fill out this form. We will provide hot spots for families without internet and find an alternate time for pick-up to ensure your child can access their schooling.
Please email Healy Landis if you will NOT need a student computer, otherwise one will be checked out to all students.
Nell Ballard-Jones, Principal
Catherine Fredenburg, Vice Principal
Healy Landis, Office Manager