New families will be accepted once they have attended a mandatory information meeting and have submitted an application by appropriate deadline. Once approved for enrollment, families will need to speak with an advisor to complete a Written Student Learning Plan (WSLP) before students will be enrolled in any classes. Students will only be able to enroll at the start of the school year (September), 2nd quarter (November) and 2nd semester (end of January).
- All parents are required to attend an information meeting (see below). The meetings are held in the Emerson High School Commons. They include a brief presentation, question and answer period and short tour of our facility.
- Please fill out the application and turn in by the required deadline (see below). You will need to include all transcripts, any Individual Education Plan (IEP) or 504 plans, and a recommendation from your previous school administrator, counselor or teacher. Students in grades 6-12 must also fill out the “student application” portion of the form.
- Once we have received all parts of your application and it has been reviewed by our principal, you will be notified by e-mail if you have been accepted into the program. Based on the information contained in the application materials, the principal may require a follow up meeting/conference with families to ensure Emerson K-12 is an appropriate school setting for their child(ren).
- Upon principal approval, an appointment will be made for you to come in, fill out district paperwork and meet with your assigned WSLP advisor to develop your student learning plan(s).
- As a part of your advisory appointment, you will be able to select classes from those that are available. Please refer to the course schedule
***Please note, part-time enrollment is open to families that are home schooling under the Home-Based Instruction Law. Your Declaration of Intent to Home School must be on file with the LWSD. Part-time enrollment may be limited due to space. Part-time students must have a written student learning plan for the courses they are taking and meet all related requirements (contact time, monthly learning plan reviews).
This is required in order to be considered for enrollment at Emerson K-12. These meetings will be about 30 minutes long with an opportunity for questions and then an optional tour afterwards. Students are welcome to attend.
**Please arrive on time. Families arriving more than 5 minutes late will not be considered for enrollment.**
For enrollment starting fall 2019, September 3, 2019:
* Fall enrollment is currently closed
For enrollment starting second quarter, November 6, 2019:
* Mandatory information meeting : October 16, 2019 at 4:00pm
* Applications are due: October 25, 2019 by 3pm
For enrollment starting second semester, January 27, 2020:
* Mandatory information meeting : December 4, 2019 at 4:00pm OR January 8, 2020 at 4:00pm
* Applications are due: January 13, 2020 by 3pm
For enrollment starting fall 2020, September 1, 2020:
* Mandatory information meeting : March 25, 2020 at 4:00pm OR May 20, 2020 at 4:00pm
* Applications are due: May 29, 2020 by 3pm
- Start of the school year (September)
- Start of 2nd quarter (November)
- Start of 2nd semester (January)
Lottery & Waitlist:
- If a specific grade-band receives more applications than space available during an enrollment window, a lottery/waitlist system is used to place students.
- If there are both in-district and out-of-district applicants, LWSD resident students will have priority enrollment/waitlist placement.
- Once in-district applicants are placed, any vacancies will be offered to out-of-district students based on lottery/waitlist numbers.
- Out-of-district students may be accepted on a space available basis
- Inter-district transfer agreements (variances) will be approved on an annual basis and not guaranteed year-to-year.
- LWSD resident students will have priority enrollment.
- In recognition of the level of parent involvement in a Parent Partnership Program (see Alternative Learning Experience WAC 392.121.182), Emerson K-12 will allow for sibling preference for students concurrently enrolled with a previously admitted sibling.
- In-District Sibling
- Out-of-District Sibling
- Out of District